Collaborative Nature

Day One of class and I already found myself enjoying a ramble around campus. The ramble allowed me to view sites that I pass daily with a deeper appreciation, truly experiencing the everyday nature. The Pollinator Garden visit was particularly poignant as my own personal project and as an example of collaborative nature.

Collaborative Nature features elements both natural and constructed that function together in harmony. In this particular example of the Pollinator Garden, the constructed element exists in the fact that the garden itself was a project organized and planted in a particular manner and location. The natural element remains the fact that these plants were all grown from seed and have been thriving in their new outdoor environment.

The intersection of such natural and constructed elements creates a spot of particular beauty for myself and others to enjoy. The picture below illustrates how the garden is flourishing, as it has developed its own strength from seed and from the resilience of its creators.

20150821_123147