This is the homepage for EGRS/EVST 373: Technology and Nature. Students took the course in the Spring 2018 semester at Lafayette College. This site hosts the five final projects, all Alternative Future Timelines. Each one is about changing relationships of technology and nature. Each is predicated on the different environmental realities of 2040. Each envisions how the world will be better, more flourishing, and healthier in the future.
The four groups are as follow:
- Beyond Bees: The Better World of 2040 after Colony Collapse Disorder
- Sea Level Rise: The Better World of 2040 amidst Higher Sea Levels
- Food Waste No More: The Better World of 2040 beyond Needless Food Waste
- Past Peak Oil: The Better World of 2040 beyond Dangerous Fossil Fuels
- Water Re-use: The Better World of 2040 without Water Waste