About Me

My name is Andrew Bahr and I am Civil Engineering major at Lafayette College. I was born and raised in New York City and I had first hand experience of the worst congestion. I grew up all around it and I always thought of ways how congestion can be diminished and how the overall traffic experience can be better; this should be a flyover ramp, not a cloverleaf or this right lane should end so incoming traffic doesn’t have to merge.

I always had a fascination with transportation since I was little boy. I always looked out the car window and observed what streets to take to get where my family needed to go. That eventually developed in to learning the best routes and then giving directions to anyone who asks. This is what led me to become a transportation engineer.

I began to think critically on why we are not improving our transportation system as much as we should and how unsustainable it has ultimately become. I am optimistic enough that one day we will have automobiles that do not run on fossil fuels or any transportation mode rather.

This blog will post things that I feel are sustainable, unsustainable, or just interesting to think about. I hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy writing them. Thank you for reading!