What’s Gross National Happiness?

12 hours of team bonding, 20 questions, and pump up music later, we arrived in North Carolina!  Everyone here is so friendly and kind.  For me, yesterday was an exercise in being gumby and in trusting the process.  Our vans were quite packed (one might even say cramped), and we were driving for 12 hours in the rain.  However, we all kept a positive attitude and turned the experience into a great bonding time.  I was also so nervous the night before because I knew I would be driving for a large portion of the trip.  I have an almost maternal attitude towards everyone in ASB.  I want so badly for everyone to have a safe, meaningful, affirming experience.  While the first toll I went through was a little panic-inducing, and the Jersey-girl I am struggled with pumping gas (shout out to our friendly neighborhood Zack for swooping in and saving the day), everything else went smoothly!  I even took the lead for the second leg of our journey.  ASB is all about pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.   Yesterday reminded me to trust that process this week and to trust in my team to be there to help me when I run into roadblocks, both literally and figuratively.  I can’t wait to see where this week takes us!