Alternatives that make a Different-ASB New Jersey

I am so excited (and nervous) about my upcoming ASB trip tomorrow.  I made this trip to Newark my first choice when selecting trips because I found I was identifying with working with those that experienced the devastation of Hurricane Sandy because I lived that storm being from Long Island, New York. My family and our home was effected but not to the extent of those in New Jersey. I also am interested in rebuilding in several senses of the word. I am looking at possibly majoring in engineering and this experience may help me explore that further but it would also help me understand how rebuilding requires active citizens. The element of creating a documentary about the effects of media also raised my interest as it would allow for me to explore how to teach others about giving back to community.

Now that I have learned more about the trip and about meeting others with similar interests as me, I am even more excited. I am going with 11 other Lafayette students and we are going to work with many others to make a difference – this spring break is going to be more than a break – we are going to make a difference and I am so excited to be a part of it – catch up with us in Newark and see what we can do!