Home

photo 1

I am an Associate Professor of political science in the Department of Government and Law at Lafayette College. I specialize in international relations and East Asian security. My research focuses on issues of national identity, sovereignty, alliance politics, regionalism, and East Asian politics. My book, Sovereignty and Status in East Asian International Relations (Cambridge University Press, 2017), is a theoretical and empirical analysis of a key concept in East Asian security debates, sovereign autonomy, and how it reproduces hierarchy in the regional order. My work has also been published in the Review of International Studies, Journal of East Asian Studies, Chinese Journal of International Politics, and Strategic Studies Quarterly. I received my Ph.D. in Government from Cornell University in 2009. Prior to coming to Lafayette, I was a research fellow at the Shorenstein Asia Pacific Research Center (where I also worked as an instructor in the Korea Studies Program) at Stanford University and a predoctoral fellow at Stanford’s Center for International Security and Cooperation (CISAC).

Contact info:

100 Kirby Hall
Department of Government & Law
Lafayette College
Easton, PA 18042

Phone: (610) 330-5412
Fax: (610) 330-5397
Email: parksh (at) lafayette.edu

Last updated on July 3, 2017