April 1st – April 6th
For a complete list and times of activities throughout the week visit Event Schedule.
Monday, April 5th, 2010
- Brownbag – Family and Marriage in South Asia, Oechsle 224, Noon – 1 pm
- South Asia Exhibition, Farinon Atrium, Noon – 1 pm
- SHARE SOME STORIES. (In conjunction with WORDS)
Hear some poetry by great poets from Africa and The Americas, learn how they are similar and write you own.
Gilberts back room – 8 pm
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010
- Brownbag – Muslim Culture and it’s Integration into Europe, Marlo Room West, Noon – 1 pm
- Europe Exhibition, Farinon Atrium, Noon – 1 pm
- PLAY SOME GAMES
Come learn about some traditional Vietnamese Board games. Learn about the history of Monopoly and help create a ‘Lafayette College Monopoly Game’. Portluck BCC – 7 pm
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010
- Brownbag – The influence of East Asian Musical Traditions on the Western Music Scene, Marlo Room West, Noon – 1 pm.
- Asia Pacific Exhibition, Farinon Atrium, Noon – 1 pm
- MAKE SOME MUSIC
Learn some traditional South Asian Folk songs and then learn to dance to some funky African tunes.
Portluck BCC – 6 pm
- LISTEN TO AN EXPERT
Jones Faculty Lecture Series -William Bissell, Associate Professor of Anthropology and Sociology will present:
The Cinematic City: Global-Local Paradoxes in the Cultural Production of Zanzibar’s International Film Festival
Kirby 104 – 7.30 pm
- JAM TO THE REGGAE TUNES (In collaboration with LAF)
Come watch De-KGB, a 4 piece reggae band perform some reggae classics and originals.
Farinon Atrium – 9.00 pm
Thursday, April 8th, 2010
- Brownbag – Human Trafficking in the 21st Century, Oechsle 224, Noon – 1 pm.
- The Americas Exhibition, Farinon Atrium, noon – 1 pm.
- CHECK OUT THE ARTISTS
Learn about the art of the Indus Valley in Pakistan. Learn about the History of masks in Europe and make your own. Stick around to get a crash course in Chinese Knot Tying.
Portlluck BCC – 6 pm
Friday, April 9th 2010
- Brownbag – Immigration into Africa, Kirby 104, Noon – 1 pm.
- Africa Exhibition, Farinon Atrium, Noon – 1 pm
- International Food Tasting, Marquis Bergethon Room, 5.30 – 7 pm ($2 Entry Fee. Proceeds go to Hands Together Haiti.)
- International Fashion Show, Marquis Bergethon Room, 7 – 8.00 pm
Saturday, April 10th, 2010
· Grand Finale at Williams Art Centre, 6 – 8 pm.
· Extravaganza After Party.