Description of System
CarMan (Car Manager) is comprised of four boards designed to handle a multitude of tasks. The GLV (Grounded Low Voltage) board provides low voltage power to various subsystems within the vehicle. LOGIC houses 2 computers that acquires and displays data, controls the cooling system, and determines when the car is able to drive. The TSI (Tractive System Interface) board houses parts of the shutdown circuit, isolates high voltage signals that are passed onto LOGIC, and controls relays that determine the pre-charge and discharge of the motor. The Relay board delivers the high voltage from the battery packs to the motor.
2020-2021 Team Documents
- CarMan GitHub (LINK)
- CarMan Lab Inventory (PDF) (Last Updated: 3/1/21)
- CarMan ICD & Wiring Table (PDF) (Last Updated: 4/19/21)
- Safety Loop Diagram v. 12.5.1 (PDF) (Last Updated: 4/20/21)
- Carman 2021 Poster (PDF) (Last Updated: 5/20/21)
- Carman 2021 Poster (PPTX) (Last Updated: 5/20/21)
- Safety Loop Test Results/Procedure:
- Safety Loop Demo Link: Click Me!
CarMan Subsystem Links
KiCAD Schematics, PCB Layouts, and Bills of Material can be accessed at each of the board’s corresponding pages: