Matt Carpenter Shelfie: “Religion and Science”

In my search to find a book, I looked up the terms “history”, “religion”, and “technology”. I then decided to look at some books from the religiously-focused section of books and found “Religion and Science” by I an G. Barbour. I think what caught my eye, beyond the general appearance of the book, was the title; it seemed like a book that was both pertinent to the class and interesting in its own right. The book appears to be about  chronicling the interplay between scientific advances and religious beliefs from the enlightenment onward. Looking through the table of contents it appears that ideas from thinkers such as Newton, Galileo, Pascal, and Einstein are contrasted with conjugate religious theories and the how each reacted to the other. Adjacent to the book there are books about the Devil as well as about Idolatry, which are less interesting in my opinion, but to each his/her own

Barbour, Ian G. Religion and Science: Historical and Contemporary Issues. San Francisco: Harper, 1997. Print.