Nature on Campus

My family flew out to the east coast for fall break to see me and my brother who goes to Colgate, but also to show my youngest brother who is a senior in high school some different schools on the east coast. The goal was to show him one school that was urban (Fordham), one school that was semi-urban (Lafayette), and one school that was rural (Colgate). I visited all of these schools with him, and one of the things that stood out to me while visiting them was the “nature” found on campus at each place and what green initiatives were apparent on campus.

Out of all three schools, colgate seemed to be the most environmentally friendly. I know through my brother that they require two outdoor education classes, but their campus also encourages a lot of interaction with the environment. It had a lot of green space and there were wild animals such as geese all over the place. There were also a lot of signs and projects advocating for being environmentally friendly. Fordham also had a lot of birds on its campus, but the small patches of green space were nothing compared to colgates rolling fields and dense forrest.

IMG_1434 IMG_1436 IMG_1441IMG_1472