Bottom Up Nanofabrication

400px-Quantum_dots_CPP

In this podcast quantum dots are used to explain the wonders of bottom up-nano-fabrication. Quantum dots are crystals made of a combination of metal and metalloid atoms that emits light under certain conditions of excitement. These crystals contain a few hundred atoms each, making their dimensions of tens of nanometers. The most important property that the crystals display is the emission of defined electromagnetic radiation which wavelength depends uniquely on their size, not the material used to make it.

light

5 thoughts on “Bottom Up Nanofabrication

1. I really enjoyed how all of the speakers were really enthusiastic about their topic. It made the podcast easy to listen to and the information was presented in a clear and concise format. It left me wanting to learn more about bottom up nanofabrication. Good job.

2. I thought this was really well done. I learned a lot about bottom up nano fabrication and I thought your guys topic was very interesting and presented in a way that kept the audience’s attention.

3. This podcast was very informative and easy to understand. I liked the intro and the speakers seemed to understood what they were talking about. The material flowed well and the music came in at the right time, not overpowering the information. Through our research for our podcast, our group found information about particles like quantum dots. And now that this group has gone into depth with quantum dots, I am highly educated on this topic now. Overall, very good job and the podcast was easy to listen too.

4. I really liked the introduction to your podcast. The music caught my attention right off the bat. Each of the presenters were clear and presented a lot of information about bottom up nanofabrication. Overall, great job!

5. The music was so killer it almost made me forget about the science involved, but your in depth analysis quickly brought me back into the world of science. Thanks for your obvious grasp of your topic; based on the explanations brought up in the segment.