l-Baby-hedgehog-in-a-teacup-cutestpaw

I’m not sure why I picked this picture I just like hedgehogs….

My name is Emma. I am a junior and a bio major. I have an older sister who also went to Lafayette and she graduated in 2010. I live in a really small town in New Jersey at the beach. In the summer, I spend all my free time at there and playing tennis. I went to Biotechnology High School and it was very science focused. I didn’t particularly enjoy going there. My parents met at a ski mountain in upstate New York so since before I was born our family has been skiing at Hunter Mountain. I’m involved in a few clubs on campus including the Lafayette Activities Forum, as Director of Marketing and Outreach.

I was a mechanical engineer for two years, however I have since reevaluated my life plan and realized that I am not meant to pursue that career. When I was little I once told my family I wanted to be a flower, then after realizing this dream wasn’t possible, I decided I wanted to be a zoologist, and then a vet. I wanted to be an artist in high school because I was so fed up with science. I wanted a job out of school though so I went to engineering because my physics teacher told me I’d be good at that. I still don’t have a completely clear path that I’m on right now. I think I may want to become a pediatrician someday.

My favorite animal is an elephant so here is a video of a cute little elephant: here