The Implementation and Assessment Group on Greek Life has been formed to execute the trustees’ directive that the administration continue to work with faculty and others in the Lafayette community to develop an implementation plan that is consistent with the administration’s response to the Working Group’s report and to establish appropriate metrics and assessment procedures to ensure that the objectives listed below are achieved, in addition to strict compliance with the College’s Code of Conduct. This embraces the recommendations of the Faculty Academic Policy Committee.
Fraternities and sororities must provide open access and engagement opportunities to all students at Lafayette (non-discriminatory in selection of members).
Fraternities and sororities must facilitate demonstrated learning opportunities for students and provide benefits to the College as a whole.
The academic performance of students affiliated with fraternities and sororities must be comparable to the student body as a whole.
The disciplinary profile of members of fraternities and sororities, as well as the individual organizations, must be comparable to the student body as a whole and other student organizations.
IAGGL’s goals are to:
- Establish clear and measurable metrics for the four criteria outlined by the Board in their directive, including annual benchmarks leading up to the June 1, 2014, end date of the review period
- Develop a plan for implementing the recommendations approved by the Board of Trustees from the Working Group study that primarily reflect the four criteria outlined by the Board in their directive
- Oversee and monitor the progress of the Greek organizations in the established metrics
- Provide faculty, students, staff, and alumni with regular progress reports on their findings and also solicit input and feedback from those constituencies to aid the group in its efforts
- Provide the President of Lafayette College with recommendations concerning the Greek Life system at Lafayette that reflect the metrics established to measure the four criteria outlined by the Board in their directive
Annette Diorio, Chair – Vice President for Campus Life and Senior Diversity Officer
Michael Hanson – Faculty Representative from the Committee on Student Life
Ilan Peleg – Faculty Representative from the Committee on Student Conduct
Jorge Torres – Faculty Representative from the Committee on Academic Progress
Deborah Byrd – Faculty Representative from the Committee on Diversity
Alan Childs – At-Large Elected Faculty Representative
David Sunderlin – At-Large Elected Faculty Representative
Alex Hendrickson – Associate Dean of Intercultural Development and Director of Religious and Spiritual Life
Daniel Ayala – Associate Director of Residence Life and Adviser to Fraternities and Sororities
Erica D’Agostino ’95 – Associate Dean of the College and 1st/2nd Year Class Dean
Judson Andrew Waite ’14 – Greek Student Representative
Robert Young ’14 – Non-Greek Student Representative
Janine Fechter ’06 – Sorority Alumni Representative
Kevin Canavan ’76 – Fraternity Alumni Representative
Nkrumah K. Pierre ’06 – Non-Greek Alumni Representative
Alma Scott-Buczak ’74 – Representative from the Board of Trustees