On this episode of the ITS Coffee Break hosts Courtney Bentley and Ken Newquist discuss college mobile strategies, announce a change to authentication with Banner Self Service, and review Scribe, a new WordPress installation that uses the Digress It plugin for collaborative editing. In Tech News they take a look at Strange Rain, an interactive fiction app for the iPhone and iPad while in Help News they look at upcoming workshops and TNT sessions.
Getting the Podcast
- Download the MP3 directly
- Subscribe to podcast rss feed using an aggregator (you only need to do this once; subsequent shows should download automatically)
- Subscribe to the podcast feed via Lafayette’s iTunes U
- Talking mobile. How do you use your smart phone at the college? What things would you like to be able to do?
- Scribe. Trying out a new WordPress plugin called “Digress.it” which allows for in-line, paragraph-level commenting.
- Banner Self Services. Will soon use Network IDs.
- Strange Rain
- Interesting take on interactive fiction. Strange Rain operates in three modes: rain, words and story. In rain, it’s just an app that let’s rain drops fall onto your iPhone or iPad. With Words, the drops randomly transform into storm-themed words. In Story, the thoughts a protagonist drift across the screen; your goal is to tease out his story.
- Created by Opertoon.
- IT Workshops are now on the Campus Calendar. ITS is piloting signups in the calendar.
- TNT sessions scheduled. Will be on the calendar soon. First is Lecture Capture on March 3 at noon.
- Help documentation. How do you find documents on the help site: search, help topics, etc?
Contacting the Show
- We’re always looking for feedback. You can send a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment below.